Judy Klus - Philosophy
Judy Klus is a USEA certified Level III Instructor with over 35 years in the business of sport, science and the art of teaching and training horses and riders for Eventing and Dressage on site at Full Circle Farm as well as at major events off-site.
Judy's passion is teaching and helping each student to attain their individual goals from basic to advanced skills in Dressage and Jumping. Judy believes that Dressage is the basis and the foundation for all equestrians and their horses, whether riding competitively or for pleasure.
"If you can't ride correctly between the fences, you can't get over the fences! 90% of jumping is the flat work that is between the fences!"
Judy Klus, USEA Certified Level III Instructor
Full Circle Farm - Training Facility
Judy Klus offers individually designed equestrian training programs for a single student or an entire group on Full Circle Farm's (FCF) 104 acres. FCF has a 80’x 200’ covered arena, large outdoor turf schooling area complete with derby style jump schooling area with solid cross country fences, ditches, banks and a water complexes to train on. We also have 16 box stalls available for visiting students and their horses. Lessons are tailored to suite the rider’s needs and are established to maximize the performance relationship between horse and rider. If you are an ambitious competitor, a USPC Pony Clubber looking to move up the Eventing Levels, someone looking to better understand the art of equestrianship and has the desire to develop a strong working relationship with your horse, Judy Klus customizes a program best suited for you to reach these goals and more.
For lesson programs individually tailored to indivualized equestrian goals as a single student or group contact Judy Klus at Full Circle Farm to set up a customized program or clinic right away.
Onsite & Offsite Clinics
Judy Klus has many clinics held on and off site at Full Circle Farm as well as offsite at several San Francisco areas. Call Judy for the schedule of events.
2014 Judy Klus Monthly Clinics - Woodside Horse Park, California
For reservations please contact Joan Hankin, Clinic Coordinator at +1 (650) 322-1402
- April 19-21*
- Individual and group lessons in dressage, Cross Country (weather permitting) and jumping.
- May 16-18*
- Individual and group lessons in Dressage, Cross Country and Jumping.
The Cross Country course closes Friday evening.
- June 20-22
- Individual and group lessons is Dressage, Cross Country and Jumping.
The Cross Country course closes Friday evening.
*These dates are subject to change if two maiden mares that are “due” between those dates are not on time!
Judy Klus is available to teach a limited number of equestrian training clinics offsite or onsite.
Contact Judy Klus at Full Circle Farm to discuss an equestrian clinic schedule.
Need Help Finding The Horse That's Right For You?
Judy Klus works within a broad equestrian network which spans northern California, southern Oregon and throughout the United States so Judy knows additional horses, outside her own that are for sale. Judy enjoys matching the right horse to partner with personalized equestrian goals and is available to act as an agent to help you find and decide on the horse that is right for you.
Judy Klus - Qualifications
- Competitor for over 40 years
- USEA ICP
- Certified Level III Instructor
- Training Instructor & Owner - Full Circle Training, Woodside and Portola Valley, California; a training business for horses and riders that grew from just a few students to a full barn of over 30 horses and riders with a full West Coast Eventing and Dressage show calendar
- Coach of USPC Gold Medal Eventing Team at USPC Championships in Lexington Kentucky
- USEF “R” Technical Delegate - AHSA Eventing and Dressage
- Winner of CCN* at November Ram Tap
- Olympics in Los Angeles - Cross Country Judge
- PHI DELTA KAPPA Membership - San Francisco State University awarded
- California State University San Francisco - Single Subject Teaching Credential
- Manager - Kennolyn Camps Inc.'s Equestrian Center and Equestrian Summer Camp Program, Soquel, CA.
- California State University Chico, BA degree in Psychology
- Head Counselor for Foxfield Riding School Summer Camp Program
Judy Klus Speaks About Herself
My 30 years of competitive showing includes many horses through the Preliminary level of Eventing and through 2nd level in Dressage. The pinnacle of my career was winning the CCN* 3 Day Event at Ram Tap in 1989, aboard Supplemental; a horse owned by Robert Hall of Los Altos Hills. I retired from actively competing in 1992 to concentrate on teaching and coaching my students and their horses to enjoy the same successes that I had in my career. I find it hard to concentrate on both, my showing and helping my students to attain their goals. It takes a lot of my time and mental effort to accomplish either one; and I found that I could not do both and sustain my high standards.
Over the years I have also ridden and worked with some of the best people the equestrian sport has to offer
- Jim Wofford
- One of the world’s best horseman, author and fantastic clinician. I have worked with Jim on a consistent basis since 1976, whenever he came to the West Coast.
- Lilo Fore
- Now the chair of the USDF Instructors program. I worked with Lilo for several years (1976-1981) on a consistent monthly clinic basis; then less frequently after I moved. She took me from the bottom to the top in my Event dressage. She is a fantastic teacher, very strong in correct training of the horse and rider. I have had the honor for the last two years to attend the USDF Trainers forum, with Conrad Schumaker, held at her farm in Santa Rosa
- Don Sachey
- Another of our best technicians, when it comes to teaching jumping. I have ridden in many of Don’s clinics over the past 15 years.
- Denny Emerson
- One of the best teachers for gymnastics. I have ridden in many of Denny’s clinics and now have students who also enjoy riding with him.
- Sally O’Connor
- I have worked with Sally as an official at Events and also enjoyed riding in many of her clinics.
Other top professionals that I have had the honor of working with over the years include:
- Capt. Mark Phillips - USET Event Team, Coach
- Jack Le Goff - USET Event Team, Former Coach
- Richard Meade
- Maj. Gen. Jonathan Burton
- Neil Ayer
- Dick Collins
- Charles de Kunffy